ASPB is undertaking a broad member survey to measure accurately what you most value about your membership.
Why did you first join ASPB? Why do you continue to be a member?
We hope that you will help us by participating: the larger the response, the better the data – and the better ASPB can serve you.
This survey and the information it will provide are essential because ASPB has a finite amount of resources and money to fund the many projects it undertakes. It is in the context of tight budgets that we need to take a hard look at what we provide and either strengthen or add services that are highly valued or jettison activities that are not valued so that we can keep ASPB vibrant and relevant.
Although it would be impossible to summarize all of the products and benefits ASPB provides to its diverse community, the following is a short list:
- ASPB journals: The Plant Cell, Plant Physiology, and Plant Direct
- The Plant Biology annual meeting and travel grants to attend it
- Regional and topical sections, most of which also hold annual meetings
- The job board; and a variety of career and scientific workshops, seminars and podcasts, and online networks
- Public policy efforts to educate our legislators about the value of plant science and to educate you about policy issues of importance
It is also crucial that ASPB understand how you interact with your Society. Do read the newsletter? How many of you don’t regularly use email to stay informed of our activities or do not receive ASPB emails for some reason? How many of you rely on social media for your news and information? We need to make sure we invest in the communications that will reach you and excite you about ASPB.
Although all survey responses are completely anonymous, once you have completed the survey, you may choose to enter a drawing to win one of three $100 Amazon gift cards.