More K-12 Resources
These activities fit especially well into existing classroom units so busy teachers can add a dash of thoughtful plant biology to their existing plans. Guest scientists can leave the activities for independent follow up. Students can use them for preview, homework or flipped classroom assignments.
- Career Day PowerPoint
- Critical Thinking Activities for the 12 Principles of Plant Biology
- Genes in Your Jeans
- How Many Plants in a Hamburger?
- How to Grow a Plant Biologist – Career Tree
- How to Host a Plant Biology Film Fest
- Hunt for Plants in Your House
- Phyllotaxis, Fibonacci, and Plant Biology
- Plant Evolution—DNA & a Family Tree
- Plant Evolution SearchaWord
- Plant Science Podcasts & Critical Thinking Activities
- Plants in Your Pants
- Pro Tips – Studying for the Sciences
- Winter Holiday Songs for Plant Science
- Plantas en tus pantalones: El Algodón
- Plantas en tus pantalones: Indigo
- Genes en tus pantalones vaqueros
- Plantas en la casa
Use Plantae to search for (or contribute) additional K-12 Resources vetted by the plant science community.
Check the Higher Education section of this site or on Plantae to find resources for AP High School and beyond.